The New Zealand Policie Force is our front line. These men and women protect us and provide safety and security to our families and communities. We want to make sure the Police have the best supports from Government in order for them to discharge their duties in the most effective way possible.
It is UnitedFuture policy to:
- Ensure adequate police coverage of rural areas;
- Establish community safety plans with police, local bodies and communities, building off local knowledge and community relationships, and ensure that all households can receive information about local policing issues;
- Ensure that police target and monitor the persistent criminals in our communities, particularly gangs;
- Ensure that police co-ordinate closely with social service and child protection agencies in each community, including automatic referral of any criminal activity that involves children, to improve responses to domestic violence and child abuse;
- Establish a transparent Police staffing formula that ensures a minimum presence in all areas, yet allows for extra police to be re-deployed where the crime rate exceeds the national average;Encourage volunteer and community agencies to take a role in promoting a crime free society.
- Encourage volunteer and community agencies to take a role in promoting a crime free society.
Through these policies we seek to provide support from bothe the Government and the community is making sure our society is safe and free.